How to Fix Your Business’ Name on Google Maps
Over the past few years of running my social firm I’ve come across countless business owners who all have the same problem; They’ve changed their business’ name an can’t get it to reflect on any of their platforms. The fix, is easy. Today I’m going to share with your six simple steps to fix your business’ name on google maps. Once I’ve shared this information, I’ll also share with you how to establish your business on Google Maps and create a Google My Business account.
Let’s dive in.
Why Google Maps is important
Google Maps is typically the number one way people find your business. Whether they’re on their phone or Googling from a desktop, Maps is the dominant resource for customers and potential clients. Google Maps is also important because of how it focuses on local searches, making it all the more easy for customers to find you. Online searches account for more than 76% of website traffic on average. If your business isn’t on Maps, you’re missing out on valuable traffic.
How to Fix Your Business Listing on Google Maps Option One:
1. Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
2. Zoom in to the map where you want to add your business.
3. In the bottom right, click Send Feedback.
4. Click Add a missing place.
5. Drag the marker where your business is, and add any relevant information.
6. Click Submit
How to Fix Your Business Listing on Google Maps Option Two:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
- Choose the listing you’d like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears. Click the X next to the section you’d like to delete to remove it.
- It may take up to 60 days to delete information you’ve previously added. Information that is also publicly available or from other sources may not be removed.
- Business descriptions (editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business) are not editable. Learn more
- Click Apply.
That’s it! Super simple and easy. In the enxt half I’ll give you the steps to take when first establishing yourself on Google Maps and the process for setting up your Google My Business account.
Google My Business is as equally important as Google Maps listing. Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business. This will be the place customers leave reviews and where your new customers will get their first impression.
Here’s How to Create A Google My Business Account:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have only one location, click Manage locations from the menu. …
- Click the Create location group button in the top right corner of the page. …
- Enter a location group/business account name and click Done.
Creating, maintaining, and managing your Google Business products and pages is an essential part of your digital marketing footprint. Be sure that whoever you have creating and mainting these products for you has a good handle on what they’re doing and are capable of keeping up with the flow of your business and the reviews it recieves.
If you have any questions or concerns about making these changes let me know! Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the message form below.
New On The Blog
Here’s how to increase engagement on facebook business pages.
How to Break The Godforsaken Facebook Algorithm The changes made to the Facebook algorithm in 2018 sucked majorly. Businesses all over the internet freaked out as their engagement dropped, likes fell off, and they lost the eyeballs they had worked SO HARD to bring to...
Crafting The Perfect Facebook Post Creating the perfectly engaging post on Facebook becomes ever more challenging. Many of my clients, students, and colleagues have experienced the challenge of driving engagement to their posts and back to their websites. However,...
What Pokemon Taught Me About Building Brand Loyalty I know what you’re thinking. “WTH does Pokemon have to do with marketing and branding?!” It’s such an odd concept I know, but hear me out, the relationships Ash Ketchum builds with his pokemon resembles the kind of...
Sometimes You're Just Defeated My sister Jaime and I, as well as thousands of other parents, have to fight for our special kids every day. I recently spent way too much time trying to get Fox into kindergarten in Gilbert public schools only to have to go to a school...
My 5 Favorite Tips For Managing time Managing our time as parents can be frustrating. We have playdates, lunch dates, one on one playtime, and daily educational activities we must adhere to. Keeping a schedule is one way to keep things organized, but when your plate...
7 Ways To Entertain Your Kids While You Work This Summer Entertain your kids while you work may seem like a difficult task, but we have a few ideas up our sleeves. As parents working from home, we tend to feel guilty about not being able to dedicate all of our...
With more than 8 years of digital marketing expertise, Sarah brings a wealth of knowledge, new and interesting strategies, and a whole new way to live your life as a working parent.
Working with Sarah has been such an incredible learning experience. It’s provided me the tools and support I’ve always needed to get next level with my business.Terese Brenneman
Terms & Conditions